Taught and On-line Masters Courses
Masters, diploma and post-experience courses in Infectious Diseases
There are currently four Masters courses offered by the University of Edinburgh which focus entirely or in part on infectious diseases.
One of the courses is a 1-year full time programme leading to an MSc degree by research and three are 3-year part-time distance learning courses. In some cases, postgraduate certificates or diplomas and can be attained after 1 or 2 years part-time study.
A new online part-time distance learning Master's course in Next Generation Drug Discovery has just been launched, with a teaching programme that places emphasis on drug development against infectious diseases.
There is a taught MSc/diploma programme in Quantitative Genetics and Genome Analysis in which a portion of the courses are centred around study of infectious diseases. The University also offers a MSc by Research in Biomedical Sciences, in which students can chosose to carry out a research project in infectious diseases.
In addition to these courses, there are a number of courses run either the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Sciences or the Centre for Population Health Sciences which cover aspects of infectious disease. Please note that some of these courses require prior medical or veterinary training. More information is available in the links below.
- MSc by Research in Infectious Diseases (1 year full time)
- MSc in Global Health and Infectious Diseases (On-line distance learning, 3 years part-time)
- PgCert in Global Health Studies (On-line distance learning, 3 years part-time)
- MSc in International Animal Health (On-line distance learning, 3 years part-time)
- MSc in Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (On-line distance learning)
- MSc in Next Generation Drug Discovery (On line distance learning, 3 years part-time)
- MSc in Quantitative Genetics and Genome Analysis (1 year full time)
- MSc by Research in Biomedical Sciences (1 year full time)
- MSc in Animal Bioscience (1 year full-time)
- MSc in One Health (On line distance learning, 3 years part-time)
- MSc in Biodiversity, Wildlife and Ecosystem Health (On line distance learning, 3 years part-time)
- Master of Public Health (1 year full-time, 2 years part-time)
- Masters in Veterinary Sciences (1 year full-time)
You can find out more details of all the courses including entry requirements, how to apply and course fees by clicking on the links above.
Funding postgraduate study
Details about funding sources for postgraduate study are on the University of Edinburgh website
- Funding for UK/EU students
- Funding for International students
- Online distance learning scholarships
- Tuition fees
- A-Z list of prospective postgraduate students awards
- Medicine and Veterinary Medicine Postgraduate Prospectus (pdf)
Please tell us what you think about this website !
What do you think of the Edinburgh Infectious Diseases website? We would be very grateful if you could spare 2 minutes to help us improve the useability and look of our pages. Thank you for your help !