Public Winter Lectures
The Edinburgh Infectious Diseases Public Winter Lectures are given by distinguished speakers from within and outwith the University of Edinburgh.
Past speakers have been
Professor James Smith, Director of the Centre for African Studies, University of Edinburgh
- Implications of the post-Millenium Development Goals era on infectious Disease Research and Control.
- Read about the event here
- Listen to James' talk below
Professor Johannes Krause, Director Max Planck Institute for History and the Sciences, Jena
- Ancient Pathogen Genomics - What we learn from historical epidemics
- Read about Johannes' talk here
- Listen to Johannes' talk below
We are pleased to announce that coming up in November 2015, Dr Ramanan Laxminarayan, Director of the Centre for Disease Dynamics, Economics and Policy, in Washington DC, will speak on The global rise of antibiotic resistance and how we can counter it. More details will be available later in the year.
Please tell us what you think about this website !
What do you think of the Edinburgh Infectious Diseases website? We would be very grateful if you could spare 2 minutes to help us improve the useability and look of our pages. Thank you for your help !