MSc in One Health
MSc in One Health (Online Distance Learning)
Delivered through our online learning environment at the Global Health Academy, our programme gives students detailed knowledge and understanding of One Health from a global perspective - course website.
- Awards: MSc (36-72 month part-time), Diploma (24-48 month part-time), Certificate (12-24 month part-time)
One Health is an emerging discipline that studies the complex relationships and interactions between animal health, human health and ecosystem health. The new, re-emerging and recurring global health threats that we are facing require a long-term, more strategic approach to global health preparedness. Underlying the problem is the growing interaction between human and animal populations driven by growth in human population, new trends in animal production practices, changing patterns of wildlife populations, human intrusion on new ecosystems, and trans-border mobility of humans, animals, food and feed products.
Contacts for more information
- Mrs Elizabeth Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0131 651 7363; Programme Administrator)
- Neil Anderson (Programme Coordinator)
- Professor Mike Thrusfield (Programme Director)
- Phone: +44 (0)131 650 6272
- Email: OneHealth@ed.ac.uk
- Address: Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH25 9RG
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MScOneHealth
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/msconehealth
Details of how to apply and sources of funding, plus further information are available on the One Health websites
Please tell us what you think about this website !
What do you think of the Edinburgh Infectious Diseases website? We would be very grateful if you could spare 2 minutes to help us improve the useability and look of our pages. Thank you for your help !