Edinburgh Infectious Diseases researchers are engaged with industry on several different levels, e.g. research collaborations with commercial partners, providing funds for CASE studentships, and membership of company advisory boards.
Click here to download a summary of our expertise across three main areas of our research porfolio:
- Antimicrobial agents and infectious disease
- Inflammation, allergy and neglected tropical diseases
The document contains information about researchers interested in making further collaborations with non-academic partners. If you are interested interested in further details about any of the subjects in the summary, in the first instance please contact Hilary Snaith, executive manager of Edinburgh Infectious Diseases (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0131 651 3688).
Read more details about some of our interactions with our industrial collaborators below.
- A new collaboration has been announced between scientists at the Roslin Institute and Zoetis Inc. for research into Salmonella infection in cattle.
- A £790K Proof of Concept grant was awarded to Edinburgh Infectious Disease scientists by Scottish Enterprise to study host-targeted microRNA manipulation as an antiviral therapy.
- Till Bachmann in the Divison of Pathway Medicine joined Mölnlycke Health Care as an advisor on the fight against antibiotic resistant bacteria.
- Aquila Biiomedical was spun-out from work in Steve Anderton's lab in the Centre for Inflammation Research to privide drug discovery services in immunology, inflammation, MS and analgesia.
- Edinburgh Research and Innovation (ERI) and Edinburgh Infectious Diseases are piloting a new bioscience knowledge exchange initiative supoprted by the BBSRC.
- Edinburgh Infectious Diseases has appointed three embedded technology scouts to help promote interactions with industrial collaborators and is funding mini-secondments for researchers to explore colloborations with industry.
We have links with several industrial organisations including:
- Cobb-Vantress Inc.
- Deliverics Ltd
- Mölnlycke Health Care
- Scottish Enterrpise
- Zoetis Inc.
If you are a company who would like to engage with Edinburgh Infectious Diseases please contact our executive manager Hilary Snaith (email@example.com), or phone 0131 651 3688
Please tell us what you think about this website !
What do you think of the Edinburgh Infectious Diseases website? We would be very grateful if you could spare 2 minutes to help us improve the useability and look of our pages. Thank you for your help !