Antimicrobial Resistance, Diagnostics and Drug Discovery workshop - University of Edinburgh, April 2015
We are delighted to invite you to the Antimicrobial Resistance, Diagnostics and Drug Discovery workshop that is being organised by Edinburgh Infectious Diseases on Thursday 23 April 2015.
With the current high profile of AMR, and considerable funding now available for AMR research, it is timely to showcase the research that is being carried out in Edinburgh in this field and explore how we can better work together to maximise our efforts.
- REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
The workshop will be held in the Grant Institute on the Kings Buildings campus of the University of Edinburgh (West Mains Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JW). The first session will start at 9.30 and the day will close with a drinks reception at 5.30 pm.
There will be presentations from external funders and policy makers, including Professor Dilip Nathwani, currently President of the British Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, and representatives from the MRC Antimicrobial Resistance Funders Forum. We have allowed considerable time to hear from Edinburgh researchers in different fields which impinge upon AMR, including biologists, clinicians and physical scientists. Time has also been set aside for small group discussions to allow participants to think about how best to draw together the expertise in Edinburgh.
We look forward to welcoming you to what promises to be a stimulating and productive day.
Mark Woolhouse (School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh)
The global burden of AMR
Ghada Zoubiane (MRC/Antimicrobial Resistance Funders' Forum AMRFF)
AMR initiatives - developing new ways of working
Penny Wilson (Innovate UK / Precision Medicine Catapult)
Funding opportunities in industry
Joshua Ryan-Saha and Tamar Ghosh (Nesta)
The Longitude Prize
- Tammie Schneiders (Division of Infection and Pathway Medicine, University of Edinburgh)
- AMR in gram negative bacteria
- Ross Fitzgerald (Roslin Institute, Universtiy of Edinburgh)
- Zoonotic spread of resistance
- Claire Mackintosh and Carol Price (Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh)
- Antibiotic prescription in hospitals
- Sally Argyle (Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Science, University of Edinburgh)
- Antibiotic use and prescription in veterinary care
- Kev Dhaliwal (Centre for Inflammation Research, University of Edinburgh)
- Imaging infection in the lung - the PROTEUS Project
- Kim Thompson (Moredun Research Institute)
- Vaccine alternatives to antibiotics in aquaculture
- Malcolm Walkinshaw (School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh)
- Structural biochemistry and drug design
- Till Bachmann (Division of Infection and Pathway Medicine, University of Edinburgh)
- Molecular diagnostics and POC detection
- Stewart Smith (School of Engineering, University of Edinburgh)
- Engineering solutions for AMR diagnostics
- Wilson Poon (School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Edinburgh)
- Whole-cell studies of anti-microbial peptides
- Joyce Tait (Innogen Institute, University of Edinburgh)
- Socioecnomic aspects of AMR
- Dilip Nathwani (School of Medicine, University of Dundee; 2015 President of BSAC
- Antimicrobial stewardship in Scotland
Please tell us what you think about this website !
What do you think of the Edinburgh Infectious Diseases website? We would be very grateful if you could spare 2 minutes to help us improve the useability and look of our pages. Thank you for your help !